HALIFAX – Wednesday, Nov. 25th
Captain William Spry Community Centre, Multipurpose Room, 16 Sussex Street, Halifax
PLEASE NOTE: The session will be following current provincial guidelines for social gatherings. If you have concerns regarding in-person gatherings, please let me know as I could offer an online alternative.
DEVELOPING A FUNDRAISING PROGRAM – 9:00am to 12 noon
The goal of the workshop is to identify the objectives of a fundraising plan and develop the framework for a fundraising strategy. It is tailored for small to medium-sized organizations that either are looking to launch a fundraising program or undertake fundraising but do not have a formal program currently in place.
Key fundamentals covered include:
1. Defining the objectives of your fundraising program – provides a clear picture of your current financial position and your future funding needs
2. Evaluating organizational capacity – an assessment of your organization’s resources
3. Identifying target markets – categorizing groups who would support your fundraising initiatives
4. Assessing various fundraising options – identifies which initiatives are best fit to meet your funding needs
5. Fundraising best practices – ensures your organization is prepared administratively and in compliance
From the workshop, participants will have the tools to work with their boards and staff to integrate their fundraising program with their strategic plan and begin implementation.
COST: $75 per person (for additional attendees from the same organization fees are reduced to $60)
TIME: 9:00am to 12 noon
OBLIGATIONS OF REGISTERED CHARITIES – 1:00pm to 3:00pm
The focus of this presentation is to highlight the responsibilities that accompany registered status such as:
- devotion of resources to charitable purposes and activities
- receipting for gifts
- the filing of the T3010 Annual Information Return
- maintaining adequate books
- fee-based programs/allowable business activities
COST – $50 per person (for additional attendees from the same organization fees are reduced to $35)
TIME: 1:00pm to 3:00pm
To register for the session or for more information please contact: David Oyler, firstname.lastname@example.org , (902) 476-4755